[tpm] Change create date of a directory

Indy Singh indy at indigostar.com
Tue May 22 18:56:32 PDT 2012

Hi all,
Is there a Perl way of changing the create date of a directory?  utime only
seems to allow changing the access and modification time.

I may going about this the wrong way.  Perhaps someone can comment.

What I am trying to do (simplified example) is create a makefile that will
copy file from an input directory to an output directory if any input file
is newer than the output file.

I am working on Windows 7, with microsoft nmake, and cygwin touch.

Makefile #1 below works, but has the disadvantage that it requires 3 targets
and a dummy file has to be left lying around.

Makefile #2 uses the timestamp of the output directory as the dummy target.
It almost works except that the nmake that I am using seems to look at the
'create' date of the directory rather than the 'modified' date.  This is
probably a bug in nmake, but I don't want to use something else otherwise it
will start a chain reaction of more changes to existing makefile.

MAKEFILE #2
outdir: indir\*.pl
    if not exist $@ mkdir $@
    for %f in ($?) do copy %f outdir