[tpm] Perl Template 101

Antonio Sun antoniosun at lavabit.com
Tue May 15 11:35:08 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:

> On 05/15/2012 11:36 AM, Olaf Alders wrote:
>

>> .. .
>>

>> I really do like TT as well.  Just thought I'd also point out that
>> Text::XSlate also seems to be a popular choice:
>> https://metacpan.org/module/**Text::Xslate<https://metacpan.org/module/Text::Xslate> That's likely the next templating system I'll play with.

Ha! Finally someone mentioned XSlate. It's Up to *50~100 times* faster than
TT2, claimed to be the the fastest [template module] in CPAN.
http://xslate.org/

Only one problem for me -- it is not in Debian repo. So I'd avoid it for
now, because I tend to believe the collective agreement/selection from DDs.

 well, i have to put in a plug for my Template::Simple. it is much easier
> to learn and use (only 4 markups) and it can do almost any templating job
> you want. also with the compiler option, it is the fastest templater around
> (much faster than TT). most templating doesn't need all the complexity of
> the larger templaters but they are popular. check this module out and you
> may be surprised at its effectiveness and yes, simplicity.

Yes, that's actually what I chose. Thanks Uri.

PS. Maybe your guys are accustomed to it, but it is so amazing to me, being
able to be in a local PM group and you can talk to the actual module
owners, and even meet them. Still feel so amazing to me.

Thanks.