[tpm] Perl getting the output from .Net apps

Indy Singh indy at indigostar.com
Fri Mar 16 09:57:35 PDT 2012

The expression in backquotes `bin/Debug/ConsoleApp` is interpreted by Perl then passed to either a Windows exec call or to a Windows command shell.  The syntax has to match what Windows is expecting.

The syntax is not the same as what you are typing at the prompt since you are using the cygwin shell.  You can test the required syntax by opening a DOS command shell and trying your command there.

To start with try specifying the full (windows) path to the application, including the extension.  E.g. c:\\some\\dir\\bin\\Debug\\ConsoleApp.exe.  Use back slashes and double them up because they are inside back quotes.

Indy Singh
IndigoSTAR Software -- www.indigostar.com