[tpm] will a pre-built (for Solaris 10) perl distribution work on Solaris 8?

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:41:15 PDT 2012

As the subject line asks...

Does anyone know if a Perl distribution built for Solaris 10
will install and work on Solaris 8?

I've got people who have some systems still running on Solaris 8,
but its Perl is really really old (5.00503) and they need something
'a little newer' to be able to run my app.

They'd prefer to install a binary distribution;
especially since their Solaris 8 machine might not have all
of the development tools required to build a newer Perl.

Comments anyone ?

Fulko