[tpm] Talk topics

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Fri Aug 17 14:02:19 PDT 2012

>> Is anybody in the group an expert on HTML 5, CSS, and their proper use?
>
> What constitutes "proper use?"

Use that makes sense from an engineering viewpoint. That's usually what
the inventors intended, though really good concepts tend to get adapted in
unexpected ways. (Like Perl.)

On the other hand, I'm sure we've all seen the software equivalent of Rube
Goldberg machines; just read "The Daily WTF" http://thedailywtf.com/ for
gruesome examples. No paradigm, no matter how clear and elegant it may be,
is immune from perversion by the ignorant or half-witted. E.g. 10
identical things could be stored in $x1, $x2 .... $x10, or @x. Which is
"proper use"?

> As with proper use, I'm not sure I follow your meaning for "practical."

The human interface for a CNC machine would probably be practical in HTML
5; I'm not so sure about actually controlling the machine itself.