[tpm] After-meeting venue for Thursday...

Mike Stok mike at stok.ca
Fri Mar 25 15:40:13 PDT 2011

I tried to book some space at the Spotted Dick, but they seemed leery of "between 10 and 20 people" that late in the day on a Thursday.

There are a number of options, and you'll have to figure out what to do as I'll be listening to Jean-Yves Thibaudet next Thursday evening.  The options immediately obvious to me are

Descend on the Spotted Dick anyway, it's not like we need contiguous seating, and can split into "reasonable sized" groups. The food and beer are decent and the bar is reasonably quiet.
Descend on Burgundys like the good old days.
Book somewhere else.  If there are strong opinions for this then tell me where and I can organize it.

My inclination would be to do the first, as I'm not going to be there it seems reasonable to sound out your collective opinion before doing anything rash like trying to get space elsewhere.

Mike

--

Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca>
http://www.stok.ca/~mike/