[tpm] chomp problem

Indy Singh indy at indigostar.com
Fri Feb 4 20:26:48 PST 2011

Hello,

The scripts works as expected for me.  There is no issue with line
endings.  On Windows Perl automatically translats the input lines so
they terminate with a newline ('\n').  This works if the file is in
Windows format, or even if it is in Unix format.  This works correctly
with several versions of Perl from 5.6.1 to 5.12.2.

Your problem is that your source file is corrupted in some way.  It may
conain a mixture of incorrect lineending or there be be some invisible
space characters in it.

To view a hex dump of the file, type the command 'debug filename.pl'.
Then type 'd' and enter a few times.

To fix the file create a new text file with notepad and copy and paste
the text from your own email.

If you are still not sure, then send the file as an attachment, or post
a hex dump of the file.  Let us know what version of Perl you are using.

Indy Singh
IndigoSTAR Software -- www.indigostar.com