[tpm] Problem with WWW::Mechanize in Dancer

J. Bobby Lopez jbl at jbldata.com
Fri Apr 8 10:57:04 PDT 2011

Thanks Alex.

In this instance, I was just playing around to see if I could make the RPC
call to itself.  Using subs as Flavio suggested (on the Dancer list) removes
the need to make the RPC call, but it would have been neat to write the UI
components using the API as it was intended, even if it was within the same
application.

The guys on the Dancer list were saying this isn't how it should be used
(Dancer RPC calls should not be made to itself, and that this is what's
causing the hang).

I removed a bunch of debug statements to make the code easier to read (on
pastebin), but I I had some code in there to check the browser->get()
object.

Never used Try::Tiny, so will have to take a look at that; and I've used
Mechanize a few times before so it just seemed natural, but I'll look at
LWP::UserAgent as well.

I know better about shifting off @_, but old habits die hard :\

Thanks very much for the feedback and suggestions, very much appreciated.

-Bobby