[tpm] Dancer and PAR/pp

mattp mattp at cpan.org
Wed Apr 6 09:28:22 PDT 2011

On 04/06/2011 11:23 AM, J. Bobby Lopez wrote:
> Anyone tried packaging a perl Dancer app with PAR/pp in order to make
> the app portable and somewhat system independant?  Any success?

Local::lib and some manual patching will get you most of the way there.
PAR/pp are probably NOT what you want.

Two things exist I'm aware of that handle distribution packaging:

1) Shipwright (
http://search.cpan.org/~sunnavy/Shipwright-2.4.24/lib/Shipwright.pm )
2) Mist ( https://github.com/willert/mist )

Mist is dzil based, and is geared exactly towards what you're trying to
do. It's very alpha though.

I've not used either to do what you're trying though, so your mileage
may vary.

Cheers,
Matt Phillips