[tpm] Re :lightning talks - 30 *September* 2010

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 07:49:15 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Phillip Smith <
phillip at communitybandwidth.ca> wrote:

> On 2010-09-29, at 10:36 AM, Fulko Hew wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Phillip Smith <
> phillip at communitybandwidth.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Do presenters need to worry about connecting to a projector, or
> presenting technology at all? Or are these talks literally "talks," without
> visual aids?
> >
> > Most presentations usually have a few slides,
> > ... some have had audio
> > and others have been limited to 'creative hand-waving'.
>
> I like hand-waving. That works for me.   :)  Are we presenting from our
> laptop, or from a projector? I.e., are the lightening talks simultaneous
> (aka "Speed Geek" [1] style) or one after another to the entire room?

A projector. is usually available,

And no, there are not simultaneous.  That would be too hard to listen to.
(Sometimes I have trouble focusing on one thing at a time let alone 12!)
And besides... those presenters that are giving TWO talks would have
great difficulty giving them both at the same time!

So... they are presented serially.

... one presenter... one projector... one topic... at a time.