[tpm] Books and News from the O'Reilly User Group Program--Sept

Mike Stok mike at stok.ca
Wed Sep 22 03:53:34 PDT 2010

If you cannot read the information below, click here.

Forward this annoucement to a friend

Sep 2010 Issue

New Releases:

The Agile Samurai
By Jonathan Rasmusson

Arduino Cookbook: Rough Cuts Version
By Michael Margolis

The Art of LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G Programming
By Terry Griffin

The Art of Readable Code

C# 4.0 Pocket Reference, Third Edition
By Ben Albahari,Joseph Albahari

Cassandra: The Definitive Guide: Rough Cuts Version
By Eben Hewitt

Closure: The Definitive Guide
By Michael Bolin

Developer's Guide to Microsoft Enterprise Library, C# Edition
By Alex Homer

Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1, Sixth Edition
By Andrew Lee Rubinger, Bill Burke,Richard Monson-Haefel

Google Analytics
By Justin Cutroni

More New Releases >>

Welcome

Hi there,

Have you watched one of our training videos yet? We've got quite a library of titles including Randal Schwartz on Perl, Alasdair Allan on iPhone and iPad Location Sensors, or Great R: Level 1 By Michael Milton. If you'd like to try one or know any possible reviewers, just let us know. We can add it to youroreilly.com account in a flash.

Keep in touch between newsletters and provide feedback to us via our Facebook page. Mary Rotmankeeps it up daily, and provides polls, deals, news, and keeps the conversation going.

The O'Reilly School of Technology is offering a 50% discount off two new courses: Perl 2: Intermediate Perl and Python 2: Getting More Out of Python, both targeted at intermediate students.

O'Reilly webcasts happening soon:

How to Effectively Plan, Execute and Control SharePoint Projects, Presented by Dux Raymond Sy Sept 23, at 10 PT
Publishing without Boundaries: What's on the O'Reilly Radar for the Future of Publishing, Presented by Andrew Savikas and theCleveland Digital Publishing Users Group Sept 30, at 3:45 PT
Check out our Webcast page for on-demand videos of past webcasts and more upcoming live events.

Thanks,

----Jon Johns and Marsee Henon

P.S. Here's a list of the places the UG team will be exhibiting. If you're attending or live in the area and have time to get together, please let us know.

Macintosh Computer Expo, Petaluma, CA--Oct 2
Adobe MAX, Los Angeles, CA--Oct 23-27
PayPal X Innovate 2010 Developer Conference, San Francisco, CA--Oct 26-27

User Group Discounts

Get 40% off books from O'Reilly, Microsoft Press, No Starch, Paraglyph, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Rocky Nook, SitePoint, or YoungJin books and 50% off ebooks you purchase directly from O'Reilly. Just use code DSUG when ordering online or by phone 800-998-9938.

Thinking about attending an O'Reilly Conference?Email usergroups at oreilly.com for the user group discount code. You can see what's coming up here:http://conferences.oreilly.com.

UG leaders only--Put Up a Banner, Get a Free Book

We're looking for user groups to display our discount banners on their web sites. If you send us your group's site with one or more banners posted, We'll send you the O'Reilly book(s) of your choice. Choose from the following list of banners:

40-50% off Discount Book Banners
O'Reilly Answers
Customizable O'Reilly Book Widgets
O'Reilly School of Technology
User Group Discount Slides (PowerPoint, Keynote, and OpenOffice.org versions)

Upcoming Event

Lesa Snider at Mac Computer Expo (MCE)
When: Oct 2, 2010
Where: Petaluma Community Center Petaluma
Author Lesa Snider (Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual) presents "Elements 8 for Photographers" during Mac Computer Expo. In this class you'll learn how to apply practical editing and enhancement techniques like a pro using the affordable and friendly Adobe Photoshop Elements. You'll also learn how to move throughout the program and switch between three editing modes to suit your specific skill level.

More Upcoming Events >>

--

Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca>
http://www.stok.ca/~mike/