[tpm] Announcing SocialTechCampToronto Saturday Oct 23rd

Ushnish Sengupta ushnish.sengupta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 20:23:58 PDT 2010

Event: SocialTechCampToronto

Date: Saturday Oct 23rd

Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Location:OISE (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education) Building
252 Bloor Street West
7th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V6
(on top of St. George subway station)

Format: Presentations 9 am-12:30 pm, Breakout groups 1:30 pm to 5:00
pm
The Breakout groups will be formed in a BarCamp style "unconference"
where the topics are determined by the people present.

There are a number of Social Technology projects underway in the
Greater Toronto Area as well as a number of individuals who are
working on international Social Technology projects.  All of these
projects have an Open Source component.  In conjunction with Open
Source Week Toronto, we will hold an event which will enable dialogue
and collaboration between projects and individuals.

We welcome any proposals on the following topics and related topics:
1) Providing computers to nonprofits
2) Setting up computer centres in low income apartment complexes
3) Providing Linux Ubuntu desktops and training to individuals
4) Public access hot spots in public spaces such as parks
5) Free wireless networks
6) International projects such as the World Computer Exchange, and One
Laptop Per Child.
7) Design for people with disabilities

Add your topics at:
http://barcamp.org/w/page/SocialTechCampToronto