[tpm] LWP::Simple, LWP::Curl, Mechanize...

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Thu Nov 11 14:07:32 PST 2010

On 2010-11-11, at 5:01 PM, J. Bobby Lopez wrote:

> Any suggestions?  I've used mechanize before, along with LWP::Simple, but curious if there is anything newer/cleaner/faster/better that you guys might know of, or that might be considered the modern standard?

I maintain WWW::Mechanize::Cached, which is a drop-in replacement for WWW::Mechanize.  You can set up a custom cache to your own liking.  It's great for dealing with APIs as you can speed up the server response time considerably by avoiding the server completely when testing the same requests if you're using GET.  Lots of options out there, though.

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf at vilerichard.com