[tpm] Hackathon or presentation format for Game Development with SDL perl

Mike Stok mike at stok.ca
Sun Feb 7 06:17:32 PST 2010

On Feb 6, 2010, at 10:04 PM, Kartik Thakore wrote:

> Since this topic is split across some threads I decided to make a new one.
>
> So is the hackathon for sure what we are going to do on the February meeting? Or does someone else want to do just graphics/GUI Perl presentation with me?

My $0.02 is that you should do an introduction and there should be time at the end for the attendees to try getting a simple game going on Thursday.  If there is enough interest then we could think about organizing a Perl/SDL hackathon.

I think that there was misunderstanding about the term "hackathon", and maybe we (TPM) need to use a different term for a short "lab programming session". Usually hackathons are quite long sessions, and we would need to plan a little to make it a successful and rewarding event (location, supply of food / coffee / pop / beer...)

How does that sound?

Mike

--

Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca>