[tpm] Glob problem

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Tue Oct 27 11:34:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 20:15 +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> First of all, you should know that many people on the Perl blogosphere, the
> Perl IRC world, etc. have little patience for people who say "We cannot
> install anything from CPAN." See, for example, what Matt S. Trout wrote about
> it here:

I know that I've more than once worked in places that have a strict
policy of not allowing consultants (or employees) to install
software from the network without a close security review.

And more than once been at such places where there's no direct
internet connection, no Web browsing or ftp or ssh etc etc.,
on the production machines, and sometimes not on the development
machines either.

The danger of people riding high horses is it hurts more when
they fall off ;-)

Liam