[tpm] Possible future talk?

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Tue May 12 17:27:47 PDT 2009

Michael Graham wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by "intermittent," in this context...
>
> But I think it would be a great idea if we prepared a number of beginner
> talks and rolled them out periodically.  Doesn't have to be just you -
> it would be ideal if a bunch of people each prepared a talk on something
> they feel they can teach well.
>
> Ideally, each talk would have a short version (for giving on a night
> when there are other talks), and a longer version (for when there's no
> other talks).
>
> Might be a way to get more people out too!
>

> Michael

Well, to me, "Modules" was this mystical perl concept that only guru's
wrote. It felt like a very advanced topic and that didn't change until I
learned about them as a side-effect of trying to learn about DBus. So by
"intermittent", I mean to help people who may be familiar with perl get
a feeling for something they may otherwise feel is outside their reach.

The "short" and "long" version sounds like a good thing, too.
Personally, I'd love to hear a talk on writing testable code...
Something I am ashamed to say I know little about.

Madi