[tpm] Cloud computing as a topic?

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:18:19 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM,  <arocker at vex.net> wrote:

> Would SUN's new "cloud computing" concept be of interest as a meeting
> topic? I can see a place for Perl in the controlling infrastructure.

I am interested in learning more about it.  I'm not actually a fan of
cloud computing.  Self-contained environments are much more to my
liking, however over the next year or so I'll be working on something
akin to Google's App-Engine (in Perl, for Perl developers - App-Engine
is Python based IIRC).

There is a project on Google Code called 'cloud-perl' (
http://code.google.com/p/cloud-perl/ ) and another for
'perl-appengine' ( http://code.google.com/p/perl-appengine/ ) however
the activity levels for both projects seem rather low.

Anyway thanks for suggesting the topic.  =)

- Scott.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/