[tpm] recommendations for a perl web server

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:37:02 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Shaun Fryer<sfryer at sourcery.ca> wrote:
> If you don't need HTTPS, check out HTTP::Daemon. It's *extremely*

I don't need HTTPS

> simple. If you need something a 'little' more complicated, I can
> probably dig you up a preforking version I wrote a few years ago.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-5.829/lib/HTTP/Daemon.pm
>
> Unfortunately (last I tried at least), the SSL capable version of
> this, didn't work.

I had found that... thanks for the recommendation.
Finding this Perl Monks article sewed it up for me.

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=415908

It has an example of everything I wanted:
- fork the server
- auto-start a browser
- integrate with CGI (Simple)

... its missing lots of 'boundary/cleanup' code, but I can start with that!

Thanks