[tpm] UNS: Re: Perlmonks problems

Abram Hindle abram.hindle at softwareprocess.us
Fri Aug 7 06:12:32 PDT 2009

I think Perlmonks runs off of slashcode, which was made by Rob Malda (I
think). If one wants to recover passwords they have to be plaintext, but
really Rob should've known better. I suspect this is just a legacy app
problem.

That said, any website who can send you your old password, is storing it
in a readable format.

It doesn't matter if it is plaintext or not, if it isn't hashed well it
is recoverable when the machine is compromised.

abram