[tpm] Splitting a perl cgi into cgi-bin and htdocs

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Sat Oct 25 10:03:38 PDT 2008

Hi Indy,

I don't generally use .htaccess files, but some of these directives
may be helpful to you:

On 25-Oct-08, at 11:36 AM, Indy Singh wrote:

> Anybody have experience with this?
>
> Other questions that come to mind for the single directory scenario
> are:
> * How to configure .htaccess to run the cgi script by default?

DirectoryIndex index.cgi index.html index.htm

Something like the above is what you can use to set the default file
for a given directory.  You can use arbitrary names and put them in
the order of priority.

> * How to prevent the perl shell scripts from being accessed?
>
> * How to prevent the perl modules (.pm files) from being accessed?
>
> Would be better to put the restricted files into a subdirectory and
> configure .htaccess file to deny access?

That would probably be the simplest way to handle it.

     <Directory ~ "\.svn">
         Order allow,deny
         Deny from all
     </Directory>

I use this to prevent any subversion folders from being viewable via
the web.  Something like that should do the trick for you.

I hope this helps!

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders