[tpm] Expect module not running in background

Herman Anker hanker at ifdsgroup.com
Mon Nov 10 12:24:21 PST 2008

There is no doubt that expect.pm gets confused when running a perl script
in background. It simply hangs until a tty has been assigned.

I am running on Unix, and have no problems running gnu expect in
background. I assume they are both based on current TTY, and wonder if
there is some instructiions somewhere for expect.pm hang situation.

Thanks,
Herman Anker

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential and prohibited from
disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail or the
information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the
sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
return the material received to the sender and delete all copies
from your system.