[tpm] PERL Developers and Leads NEEDED

Kim Walton kwalton at keenconsulting.ca
Fri May 30 06:44:26 PDT 2008

Hi,

My name is Kim Walton and I am a technical recruiter for Keen Consulting in
Toronto. After exhausting my normal avenues of recruiting, I came across
your website of Toronto Perl Mongers.

The client I am working with is in need of 2-3 PERL developers and a
Technical Lead. I was hoping that there might be professionals within your
group either looking for work, or perhaps know of others who are.

This industry is all about networking - so if you know anyone who is looking
for work please don't hesitate to let me know. We offer a referral bonus
here at Keen Consulting, so please feel free to pass on any names of
colleagues you think would be interested.

The client I am working with is an ecommerce solutions company based in
downtown Toronto. These are permanent positions with a salary range of
$50-60k for Junior Developers and $70-80k (or above this due to scarcity in
the market) for Senior Developers and Leads. I will attach the job
description below for your convenience. Please let me know if you are
interested.

Thanks,

Kim

                           JOB DESCRIPTION

Position:               Perl Web Developer

Department:         eRetail Services

Reporting to:         Team Lead, eRetail Services

POSITION SUMMARY

Novator Systems Ltd. Is looking for an outstanding Perl Web Developer who
will play a major role in the development, maintenance, and deployment of
the Company's many exciting web-based solutions in a Perl/Apache/Sybase
environment.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Feature Specification and Design:

*	Understand the overall design of Novator's software tools.
*	Able to read a feature specification and understand how to implement
it.
*	Able to read a software requirement document and produce a technical
specification.

Planning, Estimating and tracking

*	Provide reliable time estimates for all development activities.
*	Provide frequent updates on the status of development activities.
*	Accurately track time per task

Code Implementation

*	Code to company quality and programming standards
*	Proactively communicate when aware of potential quality issues.
*	Build testability into code (i.e. unit tests).
*	Make proper use of source code control, tickets, and other project
tools.
*	Complete work according to provided software requirements or
specification.
*	Document code both inline and hard copy.

Communication and Teamwork

*	Open communication - seek guidance or advice when needed from senior
team members.

MINIMUM AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS

Education:  Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering,
or equivalent.

Qualifications:

*         3 or more years developing client-server web applications with
Perl in a high volume enterprise environment.

*         Strong proficiency in object oriented Perl and mod_perl is
required.

*         Demonstrable knowledge and experience with the Apache web server
and Apache modules.

*         Excellent knowledge of standard web technologies - HTML,
JavaScript, XML, XSLT, AJAX, etc.

*         Knowledge of database design concepts (Sybase preferred).

*         Proven experience with Debian or another Linux distribution.

*         Experience with version control and code sharing systems.

*         Able to work on several projects simultaneously

*         Able to work effectively as a member of a team

*         Excellent communication skills are essential

Required Technical Skills:

*	Perl, mod_perl
*	Apache
*	RDBMS (Sybase preferred)
*	Linux (Debian preferred)
*	XML, XSLT
*	Git, CVS
*	Previous experience working with an Internet ecommerce company an
asset

Kimberly Walton

Technical Recruiter

Keen Technology Consulting Inc.