[tpm] Wazzup for Thursday?

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:47:42 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:19 PM, James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> wrote:
> Alright, I've arrived in Toronto.  Now why couldn't you arrange for
>  the balmy spring weather I got when I visited To. the last week of
>  March 4 years ago, eh?

This will probably go down as the winter that folks will be talking
about for a couple of dozen years -- maybe not the coldest, but just
about the snowiest (or second snowiest) ever. That's the bad news. The
good news is the Canadian spring usually lasts about three weeks, then
it's full-on summer. Are you here till then, or is this just a flying
visit?

>  Have noted the absence of any discussion re this Thursday's to.pm
>  meeting.  Was speaking with Alan R via that ancient communication
>  medium, the telephone, and he urged me to post some ideas.
>
>  1.  I have a talk, "Better Code via Coverage Analysis during
>  Testing," which I first gave at Pittsburgh Perl Workshop last
>  October.  IIRC, it's supposed to fit into a 45-minute time slot.
>
>  2.  "Parrot and Rakudo:  Getting to 'Hello, World'":  If we had
>  gotten a hackathon session together for Saturday (which we haven't so
>  far), this was something I was going to toss out.  The concept is
>  simple:  Everybody brings in a wireless-equipped laptop, downloads
>  Parrot, tries to configure, build and test Parrot, and then tries to
>  build Rakudo:  the Perl 6 implementation on Parrot.  We see what
>  obstacles we face in getting to first light and collaborate in
>  troubleshooting.

I'd love to hear your Code Coverage talk -- if you deliver it
Thursday, I'll miss it, as my chorus [1] is rehearsing Thursday .. in
preparation for our show on .. Saturday.

We usually get close to a dozen keen and thirsty Perlmongers together
on the last Thursdays of each month .. I'm sorry I won't be there.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario

1. http://www.northernlightschorus.com/