[tpm] I love this list! (was: Re: Regex question - Solved)

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Tue Jul 8 09:03:06 PDT 2008

   So many people replied so quickly, thank you all!

   I should have been more clear; '$foo' is set further up; I set in
manually for this email only.

   I've got this working (real-world where I want two variables):

my ($bar, $baz)=$foo=~/(\w+-\d+)-(\d+)/;

   May I extend the question?

   How would I go about working with '$1', '$2', etc if I wanted to do
something odd, like say (totally fabricated, broken example):

   Again, thanks all. This list rocks, if only because of the enthusiasm
shown for code optimization (of course, for more reasons, too!).

Madi