[tpm] another reason not to move to Winnipeg

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Tue Apr 24 15:42:39 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 17:09 -0400, Shaun Fryer wrote:
> I also work for Novator. It *is* a great place to work. We're looking for
> a Perl developer (with secondary skills in Java) to work in my dept aswell.

But do they make you wear shoes and socks?  The pay wouldn't be very
convincing in the Toronto area -- minimum rent for a single room tends
to be $500, so after tax and rent it'd be difficult to party every
night.  Plus it's hard to spend under $12,000 for clothes on a typical
shopping trip to, say, Holt Renfrew or one of the Toronto
discount stores say on Cumberland.  And valet parking for the Lotus
would be out of the question!

> It's a bonus if the candidate has experience with XML/XSL also.
There at least we agree :-) ;-)