[Tokyo.pm] Re: YAPC, TPJ, TTFN

maeda @ tokyo.pm.org maeda @ tokyo.pm.org
2000年 8月 22日 (火) 21:22:43 CDT

$BA0ED$G$9!#(B

Simon> My year here is over, and the time has come for me to leave Japan.
Simon> Thank you, and the rest of the Tokyo Perl Mongers for your friendship this
Simon> year. I only wish I could have attended more of the reikai.

I thought this was not this soon.  Anyway, we'll have another
reikai on Aug. 30.  I should setup the reikai registration page.

Simon> However, I hope this will not be the last time I am here; I
Simon> especially hope that there will be a YAPC that I can come to in January!
Simon> Good luck with planning that; please keep me informed with what you decide,
Simon> (my email address from now on is simon @ brecon.co.uk, and I cannot yet
Simon> read Japanese mail there) and let me know if there's anything I can help
Simon> with.

As you may or may not know, there is a Perl/Ruby Conference in
November this year at Kyoto.  I'm thinking whether I should move
YAPC a few months later or not.  As for Japanese mail, try
getting a free webmail account (and a Japanese-capable browser).

Simon> I've also been thinking recently about the Perl Journal Japan
Simon> Project, an idea that TLUG started a couple of years ago.

Yes, I know the project.  Actually, I subscribed to the
mailing-list.  TPJ has now so much contents that volunteer-based
translation is not practical.  (Unless you succeed to get
Kansai.pm people deeply involved.)  If some publisher would pay
translators and publish Japan version of TPJ, it might be
successful (I hope it would have from-Japan articles).  O'Reilly
Japan staffs are once interested.  Should I tell this idea to
other publishers to make a competition? :P

I personally think we might be able to digest TPJ articles.
What I really want to do is to encourage Japanese to read
English documents, instead of to translate.

Simon> Finally, thanks once again for the happy time I have had this year,
Simon> and I hope to see you all again soon.

Having you in our community is a great pleasure.  Keep in touch!

 $BA0ED(B $B70(B    maeda @ tokyo.pm.org   75t 170km/h   AFC50  O \*oo*/ "  LG+ LG+
 Tokyo.pm  http://tokyo.pm.org   HeatSink 15   LRM10   .=X$B!1(BX=.   LRM10