[Thousand-Oaks-pm] Perl SoCal Linux Expo Booth - Join Us

William Boschelli williamboschelli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 20:29:31 PST 2018

[Sorry if you are receiving this twice. It appears many didn't get this the
first time because AOL & Google are fighting about sending emails to one
another via maillist]

We could use your help this weekend!

*First, we've setup a Slack Chat for our Perl Booth *and you're invited
(default DND hours 7pm-9am) for planning and on-the-day coordination.

Join Our Slack - Invite Link:
https://join.slack.com/t/scaleperl/shared_invite/enQtMzI2MDU3MTAzMzYzLWI2MzU5N2FmOWI5MzkzYmI0Yzg3ZjFmMTUwNmU2YTNjODNlODJjNjU4Yzk3NWRjMGRmMjJhN2ZkOTI0MDYwNDU

*Second, if you aren't planning on coming to the SoCal Linux Expo (SCaLE
16x) - https://www.socallinuxexpo.org <https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/> -
you should! *We still have free booth-volunteer passes available (3 to 4
hour time commitment staffing booth during Expo Hall Hours). You know you
want to spend this weekend in the beautiful Pasadena Convention Center!
It's a low-stress gig, just smiling, saying hi, offering free girl-scout™
cookies to passerby and some chatting. Email us or join the Slack.

*We could really use one or two more folks helping out for these longer
shifts.*

*Third, do you have 30 minutes to spare during Expo Hours?* Since we're
short-staffed we could use some swing-shift volunteers who could stop in
and stay for a while to allow for conversation, bathroom breaks,
food/water, and a little Expo Hall exploration. We will have a schedule
available but feel free to join our Slack and volunteer on the day.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to a fun-filled SCaLE (did you know there's
supposed to be an Escape Room for game night?!).

-- Will