[Thousand-Oaks-pm] Open Call for PerlMonger Sponsors at SCaLE 14x

David McDuffee mcduffee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:39:13 PST 2015

Hello PerlMongers,

The next Southern California Linux Expo, SCaLE 14x
<https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/14x>, is scheduled for January 21-24,
2016 at the Pasadena Convention Center. As in past years, the Perl
community will be represented in a PerlMonger booth at the event by local
volunteers who give of their time and enthusiasm. To show appreciation,
we've given each volunteer a "Perl @ SCaLE" T-shirt. The shirts have
historically cost about $200 to custom print. Last year, for the first
time, we sought to have the cost of that printing sponsored by local
companies and the response was fantastic. We were not only able to pay for
the shirts, but purchased and distributed more than a dozen Perl books to
those who expressed interest.

This year, the long-awaited release of Perl 6 will likely make the
PerlMonger booth the focal point of the entire convention! Well, maybe not,
but there should be plenty of traffic either way. We're hoping that Perl
shops can help spread the word once again this year, that this language is
still an evolving force in the industry.

In exchange for your company's $100 contribution, we will add your
corporate logo to the back of our t-shirt, identifying you as a supporter
of Perl and the local PerlMongers. In addition, if you have Perl positions
you are seeking to fill, we can distribute flyers at the booth describing
your company and the positions available.

Like last year, if there are surplus funds, they'll be used to purchase
Perl books to distribute at the event.

If your company would be interested in being one of our sponsors this year,
or you have any questions you'd like to ask, please contact me at
mcduffee at gmail.com. This open call for sponsors will close Friday, December
11, at 11:59 PM.

Thank you!