[Thousand-Oaks-pm] September Meetings

Peter Bowen pbowen at valueclick.com
Sun Sep 8 22:39:03 PDT 2013

Good Morning Mongers,

	This week is going to be a big week for us.  We have lunch on Wednesday
and the evening meeting on Thursday.  Details follow.  I hope to se you
soon.

Lunch Session - Details to follow
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Thousand Oaks - 11:30 AM

"The Five Ws of Closures" - Paul Boyd

Funtional programming is alive
and well.  Perl has strong funtional programming facilities, and we're
going to exlpore writing closures.   What funtional programming and
closures are.  Why it makes sense. Who should use them.  When to use
them.  Where they make things better, and finally how to get the most
from them.

Evening Meeting
Thursday, September 12, 2013
7:00 PM

ValueClick Media

Presentation(s):
                            Paul Boyd -

                                "The Five Ws of Closures"

Funtional programming is alive
and well.  Perl has strong funtional programming facilities, and we're
going to exlpore writing closures.   What funtional programming and
closures are.  Why it makes sense. Who should use them.  When to use
them.  Where they make things better, and finally how to get the most
from them.

                            Barry Brevik -

                                "Making Chomp Behave as it Should"

The presentation will discuss
how chomp behaves like a unary operator (much to the irritation of many
programmers) rather than a function, and how this behavior can be
'fixed'. A short piece of code will be shared that demonstrates how the
chomp functionality can be overridden, yet without breaking existing
code.

I hope to see you there!

-Peter