[Thousand-Oaks-pm] Results of Perl Mongers Last Week

Peter Bowen pbowen at valueclick.com
Mon Aug 19 22:22:15 PDT 2013

Good Evening Mongers,
We had a pretty good meeting and as a small group decided to try a few things for the rest of the year.

The first item on the agenda was the move from evenings to lunch time.  The proposal was an attempt to allow Perl Mongers to be more accessible to mongers who don't live in Thousand Oaks and have other obligations at home.  Some members were concerned that mongers who work in LA would not be able to attend.

Decided:  Try out the lunch meetings on the 3rd Wednesday from 11:30 – 1:00 (at a nearby location to be determined) on the third Tuesday of the month.  The evening perl mongers will continue until January.

The second item was that Peter Bowen (me) has an obligation on wednesdays going forward.  This means that we either need a now coordinator, or move the night.

Decided: Move Perl Mongers to the second Thursday @ 7:00pm.  Location to remain the same.

The third item was a concern that it wasn't clear which entrance the mongers should use.

Decided: Peter to update the directions to include a reference to the south doors and a phone number to call when people arrive ( in addition to the sign that is on the door.)

Finally, we put together a list of possible topics which included:

Mayukh's little language
Closures in Perl
Quick GUI building using QuickTK/QuickGTK
Chording keyboards and support
Test Driven Development Workshop
NoSQL – One or more
Network Databases
Mumps – High efficiency database
Continuous integration – Best Practices
Test::Class && Test::Class::Moose
Status of the economy and Perl Mongering w/ Mike Bourdon
PSGI and Starman
The Perl Debugger
Using emacs to debug in multiple buffers

I'll figure out how to update both the .pm site and the meet up site.  I look forward to seeing you there!

-Peter

This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s).  Any disclosure, copying, distribution,
posting, or use of the information contained in or attached to this
email is prohibited unless permitted by the sender.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender
via return email, telephone, or fax and destroy this original transmission
and its included files without reading or saving it in any manner.
Thank you.