[Thousand-Oaks-pm] CSV files

Cynthia Brevik cynthia-brevik at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 19 15:05:24 PDT 2012

Hi, I was the OP on the CSV file topic. I fell off the mailing list somehow,
but I’m back.

I did see all of the comments so far and want to thank you guys for being
interested.

Dave, thanks for the great reply and I agree with you; when something is
outside your expertise it is often best to use a module (and I often do).
However, if your CSV file is so broken that you need a module, you might be
better off asking the author to re-send something sane. The purpose for this
code was to have something light weight that would handle the surprising
crap that can come out of MS Excel.

Tony, to answer your question, the 4th record should parse (IMO) like this:

    [col 1,a,1]  [col 2]  [col,3,b]  [col 4]  []    # Note the empty field
at the end.

I will be watching for any other posts that might come to the list, and I
really hope to see you guys at the next meeting.

Barry Brevik