[Thousand-Oaks-pm] Slides from Inline::C presentation

David Oswald daoswald at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:22:48 PST 2011

I put the slideshow from my Inline::C presentation in my dropbox
public folder.  There are four files:

inline_c_slides.odp    --    The slideshow in Libre OpenOffice Impress
format (Power Point can open it too).

primes_benchmark.txt    --    A full dump of the output of the tests
and benchmark discussed in the presentation (or presented in the
discussion. ;)

primes.cpp    --    The C++ "external" primes generator.

primesbench.pl    --    The full source for the benchmarks.  There are
actually eleven prime generator subs; various takes on the same
algorithm mostly.  All the ones not included in our discussion are
commented out of the final benchmark list.  The source should be
sufficiently documented.

I would be happy to hear feedback on any aspect of the presentation;
the slides, the code, etc.  Who knows; maybe I'll give it again
somewhere (maybe the LA.pm folks would be interested, for example.),
so if there's something that could have been done better naturally I'd
like to know.

Oh, I did squash that dangling pointer bug.  I will plead guilty to
suffering from the cognitive load of shifting between two languages;
one that has lexical scoping and reference counting, and one
that...doesn't.  Lesson learned: Run even the most trivial examples
through a few formal tests.

Thanks again for letting me present.  I enjoyed it, and may look for
some other topic to dive into for a future meeting.  And thanks for
making me feel at home in such a short time at TO-pm.

Here are the links:

http://db.tt/iQFZEV1s    --  inline_c_slides.odp
http://db.tt/hhjOqRWU   --  primes_benchmark.txt
http://db.tt/j14hsIU0      --  primes.cpp