[Thousand-oaks-pm] January Perl Mongers is TODAY

Aran Deltac bluefeet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:30:55 PST 2011

Hey all,

This month's Thousand Oaks Perl Mongers is tonight at 7pm.

We've got two presentation lined up, one of which is super-awesome (you
pick):

*Tommy Stanton starring in "Perl-powered blogging software: Angerwhale to
Galuga":
*

> I've wanted to host my own blog for over a year now, but I'm stubborn
> and I have refused to use software that isn't: (1) Powered by Perl;
> (2) In the culture of the CPAN.
>
> I will give an overview and demo of the two major options that I
> myself will soon choose from: Angerwhale and Galuga.
>
> I know what you're thinking: "'Angerwhale'?  Hmm, an angry
> whale...alright, that sort of makes sense...but 'Galuga'!?"
>
> ...does it help if I explain that "Galuga" is simply short for
> "Gamboling Beluga"? :)  Didn't think so.

*Aran Deltac starring in "Couch DB":
*

> Because JSON is so cool Couch DB inherits coolness via virtual-subclassing.

More details about this event, including the address and a map, can be found
on our meetup page:

http://www.thousand-oaks-perl.org/calendar/15764576/

See you all then!  Don't be square! (I prefer hexadecagons)

Aran