[Thousand-oaks-pm] Future meeting topic

Jordan Coleman jordan at JordanColeman.com
Tue Apr 12 18:45:40 PDT 2011

Just had to un-RSVP for tomorrow night due to a scheduling mistake -- sorry.

Anyway, I recently started using the Coro module for a small project.  It's a framework for implementing coroutines, asynchronous "threads", semaphores, queues, and other trappings of multiprocessing in Perl.  Used properly, it has the potential to greatly simplify event-driven code and offer up some paradigms that aren't really (or at least not portably) available in Perl through other means.  I'd be happy to demonstrate it at a future meeting, unless someone knows more about it than I do.

++J