[Thousand-oaks-pm] Why Perl isnt going away soon or ever

Aran Deltac bluefeet at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:22:23 PDT 2010

Interesting.
Most of it I was aware of, but most people don't.  Its good to get the word
out like this.
One line that caught my eye was "A recent search for Perl jobs on Dice.com
turned up 4,126 matches against PHP's 2,127. Python matched only 1,742, and
.Net only 1,025. Searching LinkedIn turns up 403 results, Python 352, and
.Net 439 results. Is this an authoritative metric? No, but it does
demonstrate that Perl still commands attention in the job market."

That's pretty cool.  I'm curious have Java fits in to those numbers.

Aran