[Thousand-oaks-pm] Looking for great developers

Tom Whitcomb whitcomb at imdb.com
Fri Sep 11 08:29:10 PDT 2009

Amazon.com/IMDb.com recently opened a new office in Sherman Oaks and we're looking for seasoned developers to join our team.

If you like solving problems and want to build software that is used by millions of customers everyday, please drop me a resume and let's talk the opportunities.

Tom Whitcomb
Senior Technology Manager
Amazon.com/IMDb.com

---------------------------

The Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com < http://www.imdb.com >) an Amazon.com company is seeking software developers to work with our Box Office Mojo Team in its Los Angeles area offices. With over 57 million unique visitors a month, IMDb is the world's largest movie database, featuring over 2 million actors and filmmakers as well as over 1 million movies from 1890 through 2009.

We are looking for software developers who want to build the next generation of the Box Office Mojo (www.boxofficemojo.com < http://www.boxofficemojo.com >) web application and seamlessly integrate it with IMDb.  While working with other Amazon.com and IMDb.com developers, you will use state of the art technologies to build scalable, reliable systems that are used by millions of customers a day.

If you enjoyed your college data structures class, like working with other smart people, think any decent programming language should have closures, can't understand why all developers don't automate their unit tests and love solving hard problems with software, we think you will want to work with us.

Desired Candidate Profile:
  - 4+ years enterprise software industry experience
  - Solid Linux and/or Unix experience
  - Understands how to build and deploy production quality object-oriented applications with relational databases
  - Scripting languages (Perl, Ruby or Python) are second nature and has good
    experience with C/C++ or Java.
  - Has built production web applications using Apache or Tomcat
  - Interested in and/or experienced in Scrum or Extreme Programming
  - Has experience with front-end technologies (AJAX, CSS)
  - Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent