[Thousand-oaks-pm] In anticipation of Perl 6 Hackathon

shawn faison faison09 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 20:25:37 PDT 2009

Hey Mongers,

Ive pondered a few ideas for our hackathon in no particular order such as:

1. An  IRC bot

2. A chat client

3. A widget that parses a twitter feed and does some smart operations on
it.

4. Something using the Facebook api, Flickr api, or Daylife api. Daylife is
pretty cool , it aggregates all types of blogs and news feeds. You can grab
news based on location , time , weather and other options.

5. A basic multiplayer roleplaying game with a web interface or a MUD RPG.
<-- this seems to be my default way of learning a new programming language
because its just fun
We could do a server and a client for this.

Im open to doing whatever though really and does anyone else have any ideas
?
We could publish whatever we create and have a little catchy logo on the web
page that says "Created with Perl 6! or Created with Rakudo!" at the bottom.

Best Regards
Shawn