[Thousand-oaks-pm] Two weeks until the next Thousand Oaks PM meeting

Paul Jacobs pjacobs at valueclick.com
Thu Jun 30 14:45:47 PDT 2005

The name doesn't matter. We don't even need a domain name - I think we should continue to use thousand-oaks.pm.org as the primary name we give out. The forwarding burden is on pm.org, whether your server is set up for it or not. You'd just forward to an IP. I've seen tricks with framesets that make it appear to be at the original address, and I have code avaialable to copy, but it doesn't change the url as you click through the site. That would take more programming.

On the other hand, you can point such a frameset to a subdirectory of an existing web server rather than it's root. That can be easier to deal with.

I'm not sure I understand kind of server setup would not allow something.otherthing.com to be pointed to it but would allow otherthing.com to be pointed to it. It's not particularly important, but I'm curious.

- p