Perlmongers status

Dan.Sherer Dan.Sherer at wellpoint.com
Mon Apr 30 15:07:25 CDT 2001

Hey everybody,

Lunch was good, Cisco's has a very nice patio with lots of shade and an
excellent menu.

We discussed Perl on the AS/400 and RS6000.

Mark has recently completed an interesting implementation that allows his
company to keep  oracle and sql-server data in sync.  He's using some cool
abstractions and dynamic code.

Mark also mentioned DBI-proxy and some ideas he has for that.

We also talked about data munging and some other mundane (but business
critical) data processing that Jerry and I are doing in Perl.

The book went to Mark.  This one had nothing to do with Perl, but was a very
nice hard-bound book from O'Reilly about SETI and *IF* we'd be able to
communicate with aliens if we ever do detect their signals.

Thanks everybody,

See you next month.