First Meeting

Daniel Sherer dsherer at gte.net
Thu Feb 24 01:33:26 CST 2000

Fellow Perl Mongers,

Tonight was our first meeting.  There were just four of us, but it was
nice to meet face-to-face and discuss some of our Perl Experiences.

We each had different levels of perl knowledge, ranging from complete
novice to about 4 years with Perl.

We didn't get around to talking about the Perl book I reviewed, but we
did decide on a group project to see how we solve a trivial task
(trivial with the power of Perl!)

We each will write a simple program to gather traffic statistics from a
website and record the information in our favorite database for
analysis.  As a follow-on, we might throw in pager notification and turn
it into a daemon to warn us before our commutes turn ugly.

If any of you who couldn't attend are interested in having a go, just
shoot me a message, or call me and I'll give you the specifics.  We may
post some of the work here, depending on what each participant wants to do.

Does anyone have suggestions for the time/date of our next meeting?  If
there are conflicts, I'm open to considering them.

Daniel
work: 805-557-6160