Initial "Get Aquainted" meeting

Daniel Sherer dsherer at gte.net
Wed Feb 16 23:06:38 CST 2000

We've scheduled an initial meeting to get started with this chapter.
We're going to meet next Wednesday at the Barnes & Nobles in Westlake
Village (WL Blvd & TO Blvd) from 6:00 to 7:00 pm.

That's Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2000   6:00pm

If any of you can make it, please come by.  We'll try to find a good
day, time and location for future meetings that works for the most
members possible.

The book store would like us to discuss a book for at least part of our
meeting and I have a publisher's copy of "Fundamentals of Perl" that I
have reviewed.  We can plan future topics during the meeting.  Or, you
can post your suggestions here.

I'd also like to discuss what platforms and environments we're using.

Finally, I'd like the group's opinion about job postings.  I've been
getting requests for Perl programmers in the local area.  Do any of you
want to post resumes to the site?  Or just short bio's.  I don't want to
try and turn this into DICE, but there is a LOT of work out there and
some of you may want in on it.

You can e-mail your responses to this list
(thousand-oaks-pm-list at hfb.pm.org) or to me personally if you prefer.

Thanks and Hope to meet you next Wednesday evening,

Daniel Sherer

Daniel at Sherer.org