[Thamesvalley-pm] It's time for the next meeting!

David Pottage david at chrestomanci.org
Tue Oct 15 05:41:06 PDT 2013

On 14/10/13 14:14, Oliver Gorwits wrote:
> On 2013-10-14 13:20, David Pottage wrote:
>> I don't think you should change the date of meetings without good
>> reason. The third Wednesday of each month was agreed when we started,
>> and we should stick to it. I can make that date, but I cannot make the
>> 23rd as you have suggested, I am sure I am not the only member who
>> cannot attend on the new date.
>>
>> In any case, why are you changing the date?
>
> At the last meeting there was a suggestion to move to penultimate Weds
> instead of third Weds. To be honest I can't remember the details
> (something to do with short and long months), but as we've been
> waiting for a venue in case of tech talks, I figured the extra week
> would not hurt. No problem with sticking to third Weds if it's
> embedded in brain cells :)
It sounds like it would make sense to change the date for this month, if
that means that we get a tech talk venue rather than meeting on the
normal day in the pub. (Though if we don't have enough tech talks,
perhaps it would make sense to pospone anyway).

To clarify, I am not saying that the third Weds should be imutable, just
that there should be a discussion, both in person at meetings and on
this list so that everyone has a reasonable chance to suggest a sutable
day. I think what I was objecting to was your mail to say at faily short
notice that it was a different day, when I had written 16th Oct on my
calendar 3 months ago.

As far as I am concerned it make little difference which wednesday of
the month we chose, just I would like more warning, and I know that some
people have many more commitments and do care.

> We don't have a venue for talks so I guess it'll be in the pub. See
> you there?
Don't know yet. It looks like I will be able to make the 23rd more easly
than the 16th, but I cannot be sure in either case due to family
responsibilities.

--
David Pottage.