[Thamesvalley-pm] How about a social?

Adam Trickett adam.trickett at iredale.net
Mon Sep 24 07:49:12 PDT 2007

On Friday 21 Sep 2007, Ismail, Rafiq (IT) wrote:
> Given that we're between venues - I was thinking that it might be an
> idea to have a social?
> Iain mentioned a pub in Oxford which does GeekNights.  Perhaps we could
> pick this as a venue?
> Friday night, about 2 weeks from now?

Can't make Oxford mid-week it's just too far. I could make a technical
Saturday meeting there though.

> I'm hoping that if we knock heads we might be able to come up with a
> regular venue for the tech nights.

That would be useful.

On the local LUG fronts:

The SC-LUG meetings are in Reading and usually on Wednesday at the Back of
Beyond Pub. The next one being 19:30 Wed 10th Oct 2007, I can get that far
and I need to say hello to people there in person anyway.

The next Hants-LUG meeting is in Southampton on 6 October, a bit far for most
people. I can't do anything that weekend anyway - too many family
commitments!

The next Surrey-LUG meeting is at Surrey University in Guildford on Saturday
20th of October. They have plenty of space, and my Perl talk went down well
there. Email Dominic Cleal <dominic at computerkb.co.uk>
or "john at johnwash.co.uk" <john at johnwash.co.uk> for more details.

I'm trying to get through to the Basingstoke Volunteer Centre, they have
meeting rooms and stuff, as long as people don't mind Basingstoke.

Getting some one at Oracle in Reading would be really nice, or perhaps the
University to host us would be convenient for most people I think.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
    -- John Lennon