[Thamesvalley-pm] using third party perl scripts

Ismail, Rafiq (IT) Rafiq.Ismail at MorganStanley.com
Wed Oct 17 03:04:05 PDT 2007

Hi Charlie,

@pm.org] On Behalf Of Greg Matthews
> Sent: 16 October 2007 15:26
> To: ThamesValley Perl Mongers
> Subject: Re: [Thamesvalley-pm] using third party perl scripts
>
> Charlie Harvey wrote:
> > Hey Greg,
> >
> > Sounds like you need to use do or eval.
> >
> > do EXPR
> its not clear from the docs whether you can capture output
> from "do" (as I do above with the pipe).

Short answer no.  However you can capture the output from STDOUT:

Use FileHandle;
my $stdoutCapture;
open FAKE_OUT, ">", \$stdoutCapture;
select (FAKE_OUT);