[Thamesvalley-pm] [Vote] First Meeting

Oliver Godby maleghast at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 03:37:39 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I've joined this list with a view to meeting more developers and starting to
learn Perl / add Perl to my toolbox, but the one day of the week I already
have a regular commitment is Thursday, so FWIW I'd like to put my tuppence
in for Tuesday 10th of July, which I can make...

Cheers,

Oli

On 6/22/07, Raf <tvpm at dreamthought.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Chad Hanna wrote:
> > Raf wrote:
> > FWIW, otherwise I'd be missing the Reading Users Group
> > http://www.readingusergroup.org/ on the 4th July. I'm sure TV.pm will be
> > loads better :-)
>
> Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays seem to be the most popular days thus
> far.  In order to avoid a clash with London.pm, the readingusergroup and
> Admas trip to the highlands, I figured that I'd complicate matters.
>
> I'm thinking that it might be an idea to push the date forward by a week.
> I can't make 11th July, so I'm wondering how Tuesday 10th July or Thursday
> 12th July sound for a first meet?
>
> I'll be giving a talk on using Flickr::API, with a collegue of mine, and
> also a lightening talk on using the EPIC perl mode in Eclipse.
>
> Chad, if it's alright with you, I'd be keen for you to deliver your talk
> on mod_perl/www.FamilyHistoryOnline.net?
>
> Adam, if either of these dates are more convenient than independence day,
> then it might be nice to open with your introduction to perl?
>
> We can then wrap things up with a trip to the fake Irish pub in the
> Holiday-Inn next door.
>
> [10th July]
> [12th July] +1
>
> Cheers,
>
> Raf

Oliver Godby - Photographer and Geek, Dancer and Freak...

"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like there's nobody watching"

PA 09-10/12/2005