[sb.pm] Die Hard

Kostas Pentikousis kostas at cs.sunysb.edu
Tue Aug 10 17:48:26 CDT 2004

Dear fellow Perlistas,

Long time no see, which means we have a lot of news.  We have lots
of stories and many photos from our field trip to Buffalo for
YAPC::NA 2004.  It was really amazing so make sure you attend the
next meeting if you wanna hear all about it!

News Flash! StonyBrook.pm is now formally in the O'Reilly User
Group Program.  This means:

* You can get the book of your choice published by O'Reilly (No
  Starch, Paraglyph, Pragmatic Bookshelf, and Syngress) for FREE
  as long as you commit to write a review which will appear on
  the StonyBrook.pm web site.

  The review should be at least 300 words. Be honest. Be specific
  about what you liked/hated/loved/whatever in the book. Point out
  what is missing and why is it important. End the review with an
  overall summary.

  Interested? email me directly with the book title and ISBN and I
  will put in the request. As far as I know there is no limit on
  how many books you can review, BUT I would prefer if
  you asked one book at a time.

* StonyBrook.pm members get a 20% discount on O'Reilly, No Starch,
  Paraglyph, Pragmatic Bookshelf, and Syngress books and O'Reilly
  conferences. I will distribute the code at the next meeting :)

Also, if you are interested in Free Expo Hall Passes for
PhotoShopWorld in Orlando, Florida (September 2), let me know.

The next meeting will most likely be on next Tuesday, at 6.30 PM.
Please send venue proposals and let us know if you can make it :)

Best regards,

Kostas