SPUG: Meeting in September?

Chad Cassady chad.cassady at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:46:11 PDT 2016

What're you into for fun? You a musician? Mojam Mondays at the Nectar in
the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle is amazing, even if you just enjoy live
music.

LoveCityLove is another musical thing that goes on on Capitol Hill on
Wednesday nights, an open jam session that tends to be pretty awesome. I
haven't checked it out in awhile -- they fired my close friend, who was
their music director, right when funding came out and everyone was about to
finally get a salary. It was a punch in the gut to all of us who had
volunteered our time helping to build it. But it's still a great time, and
that's cool.

What kind of experiences are you looking to have with your stay in Seattle?
What's your budget? Two places I think are cool: The Marqueen Hotel, which
is super rad and the rooms have little kitchens and stuff (it was converted
from old apartments), but is expensive -- around $300 a night. The Green
Tortoise hostel downtown is your standard hip-traveling-kids hostel
experience with all the amenities.

I live in Tacoma in a 4-bedroom house with two roommates, and if you're
looking to save a little money you're welcome to crash with us. We're, as
the other Tacoma dwellers mentioned, a quick 50-minute bus ride from the
city, but Tacoma's got a great scene of its own. With Tacoma, it's more
about the people than the places (though there is always a good band
playing at the New Frontier).

Thank you for waking this group up! SPUG helped me break into the industry;
Perl was my first language.