SPUG: Meeting in September?

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Wed Apr 20 08:35:42 PDT 2016

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, [ISO-8859-15] Tina Müller wrote:
> Hi Seattle Perl Mongers!
>
> I'll visit the States in September.

Hi Tina! I moved to Tacoma, we have plenty of restaurants and things to do
here, and you can get there in a car!

By inference you raise an interesting question: since SPUG isn't meeting
regularly, where do SPUGgers go, what do they do now?

I'll go first:

* I went to bsides in Redmond this year; that was fun.
* Going to Data Day Seattle; went last year.
* Sporadically attended the Tacoma Big Data meetup @UWT, but that may be
going defunct.
* Have gone to the South Sound Hackers meetup.
* Started a Internet Security, Politics and Data meetup, but it never
caught on.
* Joined a Security & Beers meetup, but haven't attended yet.
* Attend other more or less general business functions from time to time.

Haven't found anything here with quite the same mix as SPUG though,
unfortunately. (And it wouldn't have to be Perl centric, I write mostly in
Python at the moment, although I still prefer Net::DNS over dnspython.)

--

Fred
Internet Plumber/Staff Software Engineer @ an established internet