SPUG: Randal Schwartz visiting Seattle, one night only!

Michael R. Wolf michaelrwolf at att.net
Tue Aug 5 12:57:36 PDT 2014

Driest?  Perhaps you've never seen Randal "hold court", three sheets to the wind on the 3rd deck of a cruise ship, waxing eloquent on all things techie.

I've noticed that Randal really likes two things -- alcohol and Perl -- and to watch him blend the two is a world class event.  I think I first saw it on Perl Whirl '02 aboard the MS Veendam departing out of Ft Lauderdale through the Caribbean.

I'm being completely serious.  And I'm being (playfully) respectful, too.

Yeah for passionate people!

Playfully,
Michael

P.S.  It's oft quoted, but it really took me when I came across this quote "in the wild" as I was reading Kerouac's book (which title eludes me)...

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,
burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across
the stars.

  -- Jack Kerouac

--
Michael R. Wolf