SPUG: New to SPUG

Ryan Corder ryanc at greengrey.org
Tue Oct 23 11:08:14 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 09:50:26AM -0700, Colin Meyer wrote:
| I'd be curious to hear about your experience with async programming in POE.
| The little bit that I've played with that framework, I found it to be
| somewhat painful. That was a number of years ago, perhaps it's evolved for
| the better.

Not that you asked, but I find AnyEvent to be much less painful in regards to
async programming.  I haven't worked on it in a number of months (although I
really need to), I wrote a Kerberized netcat in Perl using AnyEvent.  If you
are at all curious, the code is out on github:

    https://github.com/rcorder/knc

Cheers.
ryanc

--